Roman Mosaic - tour & workshop in Ravenna From EUR 80
Come and discover the art of mosaic. Before or after visiting the UNESCO monuments of Ravenna with its wonderful mosaics, also you can become a mosaicist for a day!
You will have the opportunity to discover the world of mosaic by visiting a real artisan workshop: you will be shown the materials used, the special tools used to cut the tiles, the different execution techniques. You will witness the manual cutting of the tiles using traditional tools, hammer and cutting board.
You can choose between some decorative motifs of Roman floors and between different colours of marble such as: the white Carrara, red Verona, black China or green Guatemala. You will actively participate in all stages of processing.
At the end of the experience you can bring home a souvenir of Ravenna made with your own hands.
at 10.00 am or at 4.00 pm
Meeting Point:Pixel Mosaici
Via Sinistra Canale Molinetto 181, Ravenna
we kindly ask you to arrive at least 5 minutes in advance
- welcome snack
- the mosaic made during the workshop
- possible shipment of the mosaic made
- welcome drinks, coffee and tea
- visiting of the laboratory, a brief history of the mosaic, demonstration of the manual cutting of materials using traditional tools
- choice and realization of the design to be executed, printing of the lattice on concrete and work execution
- at the end of the experience will be given to you the mosaic, your souvenir from Ravenna
- if you require an invoice, you will have to request it BEFORE paying, writing an email at: email@example.com