Guided walking tour in the Cervia salt pans, to discover together flora and fauna typical of this environment and the secrets of salt harvesting.
Depending on the season, there will be two different routes:
Spring: nature trail
Equipped with binoculars, you can walk along the 'nest path', where you can observe the birds in hatching, the courtship, the care of the young and the techniques of nest defense. Along the walk you can also discover the typical flora and "salt friendly" plants. From the Watchtower you can observe the panorama of the Salina with the possibility to take some nice pictures.
Summer/Autumn: production route, mainly dedicated to the production of salt
Walk to the discovery of the productive Salina to know the techniques and secrets of salt harvesting. The visit ends at the ancient Salina Camillone, where the salt is still harvested using the artisan method. Finally you can visit the Hexagonal Tower, where the history of Cervia is told through projections and multimedia installations.
Traces of an ancient Roman salt pans
Excursion on foot from the Salina Visitor Centre to Salina Camillone. The guide will explain and give information about the excavations in 2015 that brought to light a Roman salt pans of the 3rd century B.C., how the Roman salt pans worked and the salt the Romans produced and consumed.
Duration of the walk:
1 hour and a half
Meeting point (15 min before the start time):
Visitor Centre Salina di Cervia
Via Bova, 61
48015 Cervia RA
- The use of the protective mask is mandatory for all visitors aged 6 years and over
- It is obligatory to always keep a distance of at least one metre from other people who do not belong to your household.
- Booking and online purchase of guided tours is strongly recommended.
- We recommend that you arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes in advance.
- One person can enter the Tourist Information Office one at a time at a time, after having put on the mask and sanitized his hands by means of a special gel dispenser at the entrance.
- In case of illness, we ask to stay home. If you have booked for a date or time when you can no longer participate, you can contact the Tourist Information Office of Cervia to change your booking on +39 0544 974400 or by e-mail email@example.com every day from 9.30 am to 6.30 pm.
- Categoria Visit Romagna
- Cervia (RA)
- Meeting point