A magical walk through Borgomarina, the historic fishing village of Cervia, to discover the history and traditions of sailors through the stories of men and women who lived in close contact with the sea.
The meeting place for tour participants is in front of the San Michele Tower in Cervia.
After a brief introduction of a historical nature on the seafaring of Cervia, the walk will continue along the canal port where you can admire the fishing village, with its typical terraced houses and lighthouse dating back to 1875. After visiting the fishermen's monument next to the fish market, the traditional fishing techniques will be illustrated.
The initiative will continue with a visit to the Fishermen's Club, the former home of the wholesale fish market, which is now a meeting place and a place for the preservation of maritime traditions; here you can see some testimonies such as photos, objects and ceramic reproductions of traditional sails whose colors and designs were once possible to recognize the captains and crews.
The walk will end with an aperitif with the fishermen cheered by music and songs that flow spontaneously with wine and excellent fish. The protagonist will be the group of singers of the Fishermen's Club, the "Trapozal".
Every Thursday at 5.30 pm
Meeting point (15 min before the start time):
San Michele Tower
via Evangelisti, 4
48015 Cervia RA
- The use of the protective mask is mandatory for all visitors aged 6 years and over
- It is obligatory to always keep a distance of at least one metre from other people who do not belong to your household.
- Booking and online purchase of guided tours is strongly recommended.
- We recommend that you arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes in advance.
- One person can enter the Tourist Information Office one at a time at a time, after having put on the mask and sanitized his hands by means of a special gel dispenser at the entrance.
- In case of illness, we ask to stay home. If you have booked for a date or time when you can no longer participate, you can contact the Tourist Information Office of Cervia to change your booking on +39 0544 974400 or by e-mail email@example.com every day from 9.30 am to 6.30 pm.
- Categoria Visit Romagna